Pork chops and apples just belong together so pork chops topped with homemade apple chutney take your average pork chop recipe to the next level!
Don’t let the simplicity of this recipe fool you. It is delicious! In fact, I kept munching on those apples while they were simmering and they made the house smell like heaven! It just screams fall and the sweet and tangy apples are perfect for kids and adults.
My daughter is obsessed with pork chops. She begs for them, yet barely eats chicken. It doesn’t make sense to me but whatever! She loves this version. Her other favorite is our stuffed pork chop dinner! If you need a new dinner recipe that the whole family will love, then this apple chutney version needs to be on your recipe rotation!
Ok the ingredients list is going to look a little long but most of the ingredients are spices, so grab your measuring spoons and get ready to make a dry rub for the pork chops and the most delicious homemade apple chutney. Here is what you will need:
- Boneless Pork Chops
- Dry Rub: Flour, Smoked Paprika, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Kosher Salt
- Curry Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Maple Syrup
- Dijon Mustard
- Honeycrisp Apples
- Golden Raisins
The measurements for each ingredient are listed in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Pork chops often end up bland and dry, but they absolutely do not have to be! Here are some tips for making juicy golden boneless pork chops every time:
- A good pork chop must start with a delicious dry rub and then a good sear. Searing creates a delicious crusty outside layer that seals in the juices.
- Once the chops have a golden sear, stick the cast iron skillet into the oven to bake until they are done. You are looking for 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Which leads me to the next tip…have a good meat thermometer!
- Thicker pork chops make for more tender meat. When you get the thinner cut pork chops, they dry out super fast, so the thicker the better!
- Know your pork chop. If you get bone-in chops, they will need 10-15 minutes longer to cook. Just be aware of what you are buying and plan your cook time accordingly.
Now you can make a perfect pork chop every time!
What is Chutney?
Chutney is a sauce. Chutney is usually made of fruits or vegetables with vinegar, spices, and sugar.
What to Eat with Apple Chutney Pork Chops
I’ve actually only ever made these pork chops with a side of mashed potatoes and a veggie because it just feels so right, but there are options:
We would love to hear what you decide to make!
How Do You Reheat a Pork Chop?
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Put a little water in the bottom of an oven safe dish. Place the pork chop in the dish and cover. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the pork chop is hot.
How Long Do Pork Chops Keep?
You can keep left overs in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Apples and pork chops people! You have to try it and this homemade apple chutney is so flavorful and delicious. Now that you have all the tips for making juicy and tender pork chops, get your buns to the grocery store and let’s do this!
More Pork Recipes to Try:
For the Pork Chops
- 4 Boneless Pork Chops
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
For the Apple Chutney
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Pinch Nutmeg cinnamon works too
- 1/4 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup or more honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dijon or Ground Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 2 Cups Honeycrisp Apples unpeeled and chopped in 1/2″ pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Golden Raisins Raisins or craisins works as well
- Parsley chopped, for garnish
Make the Pork Chops
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Heat a skillet over medium high heat and drizzle in about 2 tablespoons of canola oil or olive oil. Brown the chops on each side and place in an 8×8 baking dish.
Bake for 40-50 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Meanwhile, prepare the chutney.
For the Apple Chutney
In a large saucepan, melt the butter and then whisk in the spices. Combine all remaining ingredients along with the apples.
Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until apples are tender. Whisk together the cornstarch and water and slowly drizzle into the simmering apples, stirring as you go until thickened slightly. Remove from heat until pork is done.
Serve pork chops with mashed potatoes, chutney sauce and a sprinkle of parsley.
Apple Chutney Pork Chops
Amount Per Serving (1 g)
Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 7g44%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Vitamin A 697IU14%
Vitamin C 5mg6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.